If you are handy, like to fix, build, clean or organize – becoming a freelance Concierge might be a great way to turn your talents into extra cash.
You can market yourself on Social Media or off your email list to friends and family easy enough, but if you want to increase your pool of likely users, consider apps like:
You can use this site to offer your services in multiple cities across the U.S.
You’ll need to apply to be approved, background checked, and attend on-boarding workshops in your area before you’ll become an active Tasker. The TaskRabbit app will notify you of potential jobs nearby as they are requested.
- You can bid for the jobs you are interested in – and the customer is able to read your ratings and compare you with other Taskers who also bid.
- Select the ones you are interested in
- Confirm details with your Client
- Complete the work and submit your invoice
It’s that easy!
Since Taskers set their own rates, and are rated by customers on the app – great customer service and reasonable rates are what will win you jobs!
Another app for connecting individuals looking for household services to you for home cleaning to handyman services. Handy has multiple locations in the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom
- Must have paid experience in cleaning or handyman services
- Must be authorized to work in the country you are applying in
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Payments are direct deposited into your bank account soon after the job is complete
You choose when you want to work and how much. Build a full schedule of your customers or simply add a few jobs on the side. Your pay rate will be per job, and listed on the job offer.
This option requires a little more legwork and professional business proof, as the jobs on this site are for business professionals.
- First, you’ll need to apply. Once approved, you will have to submit for background (personal and business) checks. Once those are completed – register and start contracting jobs!
- You’ll need to provide proof of licensing to register for jobs doing electrical, plumbing, HVAC or General Contracting work as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- You are also required to carry General Liability Insurance with a limit up to $1m per occurrence.
Cost to sell services on Amazon
- $0 Signup Fees, $0 Subscription Fees and $0 Lead Fees. Only pay a revenue share for completed jobs based on the service type and final service price.
- Services with defined scope which allow customers to purchase based on price estimates (for example: TV wall mounting, bed assembly, treadmill assembly, move-in or move-out house cleaning)
- 20% for the portion up to $1,000
- 15% for the portion greater than $1,000
- 15% For services purchased as a subscription plan for recurring appointments.
How do I get jobs?
- Offer-Based Jobs: These jobs are purchased by Customers on Amazon by selecting a specific Pro and submitting three (3) appointment preferences. For these jobs, Pros set the price estimate upfront. Pros receive these jobs via email and work with the Customer to confirm a final appointment day and time.
- Claim-based Jobs: These jobs are purchased by Customers on Amazon but Customers do no not select a specific Pro. Instead, Amazon surfaces a single price using localized price estimates based on the range of competitive prices that providers offer for each service and collects a single appointment preference from the Customer. These jobs are then sent to all the Pros offering that service within the Customers ZIP code. Pros receive these jobs via notifications through the Selling Services on Amazon app or the Seller Central home page.
Amazon deposits payments into your bank account at regular intervals (14-day cycle) and notifies you that your payment has been sent. You must have valid bank account information in your seller account before you can be paid.
Regardless of your skill level, there is something available for anyone looking to “help around the house”. Check into the 3 options listed above and see which might work for you!